What to Donate?
Items must be clean and in good condition.
Please check the lists below before donating.
We Gladly Accept:
- Patio Furniture
- Kitchen Wares
- Table Linens
- Coffee Table Books
& Cook Books
We Do Not Accept These Items:
- Mattresses, Sofa-Beds
- Exercise Equipment
(TVs, Microwaves, Stereos, etc.)
- TV-Entertainment Cabinets
- Child Car Seats
- Drop-Side Baby Beds
- Soiled or Damaged Items
Moving? Redecorating? Having an Estate Sale?
Get started with this check-list:
- DECIDE what you want to take with you when you move, or what items the family wants to keep. Give relatives a deadline for picking up their choices.
- GO THROUGH purses, pockets of clothing, look under the mattress, etc. We have often found diamond rings in robe pockets and dollar bills tucked into books.
- SORT THROUGH personal papers you no longer need and shred anything with Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, etc.
- EVALUATE. If you are planning to have an estate sale or an empty-out, WAIT TO THROW ANYTHING AWAY OR GIVE ANYTHING TO CHARITY unless it’s really trash or perishable. Let your estate sale agent or our team decide what is saleable or reusable and what is not.
- SCHEDULE an appointment with our Donations Manager or a reputable estate sale agent – we will be happy to give you some names to call.
- COMPARE. If there is not enough to have an estate sale or if the condo association will not allow a sale, consider selling items on the Internet, or look under “estate sales” in the Yellow Pages for dealers who do “contents buy-outs.” But sometimes a tax donation letter will have more value.
- DONATE! If you itemize your income taxes, why not donate the furniture and decorative household items? We pick up for free, and will provide an itemized inventory on our letterhead for your tax purposes.